Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reality Check


I’m 28 years old and somehow happy. I have a boyfriend named Michael who is 3 years younger than I am. I met him in a bar while dancing hip hop together with his troop. The first time that we met was really awkward because it was just a tease to one of my friends that I like him. My friend immediately called the manager to let Michael sit with us. We exchanged names and of course I used a different name for I know that I won’t go back to that bar again. There was a KISS and had a time for small chitchats about ourselves. Before going home, we exchanged numbers not knowing that it will be a start of my new and second relationship.

I called him 3 days after I met him at the phone number he gave me. At first I was kind of nervous, feeling like a first timer calling a guy. We talked and he invited me on his birthday celebration on May 5, 2008, but his birthday was May 2, 2008. My response was “YES, I’ll go to your birthday party” without any hesitation at all.

I went to their house and I was grateful that I was accompanied by my friend since I might feel like a shy leaf since I’m totally new on his place and didn’t know everyone. Things happened real fast, when asked by my friend if we are already committed he just immediately answered yes and it’s up to me whether to accept or decline it. I don’t know if this kind of situation is true or not because I really don’t know him that well or maybe he was just drunk at that time. But for someone like me, someone who is in love with love, I would definitely say yes, who would refuse an attractive guy asking a gay man for a relationship.

I could say that I was really happy at that moment and contented with him. But here I am again feeling all alone in the relationship, feeling that I am being taken for granted for he knows how much I love him and I cannot deny the fact that I’m somewhat scared of losing someone again in my life.

“Why do people have to lose things to find out what they really mean?”

1 comment:

Hell_GurL said...

I'm so glad you found someone who makes you feel complete.. i really wish that you're relationship will stay forever.. a love like yours is genuinely beautiful.. You deserve to be happy.. But remember, save some for your self.. Kiotskete!!! ; )