Monday, February 16, 2009

Puerto Galera

With so much excitement and anticipation, I finally reached my destination, Puerto Galera. February 14, 2009 Valentines Day.

Its a gloomy Saturday morning when I joined Rowel and his team friends to a trip to Galera. I have taken two Dizitabs to avoid dizziness during the trip. We arrived at Batangas Pier around 7 AM and took the RORO ferry around 7:30 AM.

As a first timer to ride a ferry, I felt nervous. After one and half hour of riding the RORO, we have reached White Beach in Puerto Galera. I was shocked with the establisments opened in the vicinity, it has been very commercialized already. Its like you went to Malate, the difference its on a beach.

We reside at Peter's Inn and restaurant. The cost is very cheap and and acommodating, the place is big. Food is also cheap and you can check a lot of variety of food and restaurants in the area. For our lunch we had a Set B meal which includes eggplant with fishpaste, liempo, chicken, tilapia and sinigang na baboy with rice. (php 499.00 good for 3-6 person) Good thing about it we had a discount also for food.

There were a lot of vendors around selling souvenir items and food in Galera. Went to swim with friends, but left them early.

During the night, we went to see gay impersonation/lipsynch performances, which is very entertaining. I had pork kebab (php 100) and an extra rice (php15) for dinner and a vodka sprite (php 100) for my liquor.

Nature called me to sleep.. I slept at 11 pm and woke up the next day around 9:30am.

Breakfast at Peter's restaurant: I had a Hotsilog meal (php90), smoked couple of cigarettes. and then headed to have a shower.

We went off the shore around 2:00 pm and got in the pier around 4:30pm. Finally we went home.

I was disappointed with Galera and I just can't help it but compare it to Bolinao. I guess I have been expecting a lot from the place since its my first time. But the feeling of having been there was a thrilling part.

No comments: